[aklug] Intel Management Engine creepiness

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Date: Sun Jul 10 2016 - 22:07:47 AKDT

Another article on the creepy new hardware in new Intel boards which
give them remote control of your computer, via a separate CPU which
cannot be disabled, and runs secret source code they will not let us audit:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/is-the-intel-management-engine-a-backdoor/

Apparently it has full access to RAM and the network stack.

--
http://qlfiles.net
To protect my privacy, please use PGP encryption. It's free and easy