[aklug] Re: [NUGA] Copying Windows System to Smaller Drive

From: Christopher Howard <christopher@alaskasi.com>
Date: Wed Mar 09 2016 - 15:29:55 AKST

Yeah, actually I did use GParted yesterday. It has "slide" functionality
which can slide a partition down the drive. So I shrunk C:, slide the
recovery partition down, and then just used dd to copy everything over
to the new drive. I found out that you want to have iotop running as
well because dd doesn't seem to provide any kind of progress or transfer
meter.

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet
3239 La Ree Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
907-451-0088 or 888-396-5623 (toll free)
fax: 888-260-3584