[aklug] Fwd: Port forwarding doesn't seem to be working after upgrade to 1.0.1f

From: Mike <alaskabarsalou@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 30 2016 - 14:29:16 AKST

This was completely my error.

The software I was trying to port forward to was not working, so there
was no port available there for it to connect to.

I did try to port forward on a different known working port, but for
various reasons, my test failed as well.

All is well.

Mike B.

attached mail follows:

When I issue this command in a terminal:

ssh -L 3389:localhost:3389 <destination host>

It does not create the needed tunnel.

the ssh session does connect, but port 3389 doesn't show up as a
listening port.

My thought is that something has changed in 1.0.1f to tighten default
things up...

This worked before the update.

I'll continue to spelunk, but it is surely odd.