[aklug] Re: Need a little nudge in the right direction...

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 08:53:21 AKST

JP,

I hate to dump on your Linux server, but what's wrong with Windows?

I know I'm going to get hate mail and a few death threats for this.
However, having been in the IT world for a few years I would take the needs
of the business into consideration. Trying to get Windows to work with
Linux servers can be a bit tricky. As you pointed out, you need to hack the
registry. I'm not a fan of registry hacks. If the business can't find
support when you're gone they're SOL.

Server 2012 R2 or Server 2012 essentials would be my pick. In a Windows
environment like this one, it just works.

If the network had 10 or so workstations I might consider your Linux
option. This is just my 2 cents.