[aklug] Re: Unix admin job at UAF

From: Mark Bolzern <mark@nusalaska.com>
Date: Wed Aug 19 2015 - 07:31:55 AKDT

Hmm... looks like what I used to do at Longview Fibre... any idea what the
pay looks like? That would give me an idea whether it's worth applying for.
I would probably fall victim to the "Overqualified" line from HR though.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/markbolzern Just like I did at Longview when HR
realized they could hire 2 Juniors for what they were paying me, and then
asked me to train them, which I did. I was on contract after all. Then they
went and paid an outside consulting outfit more entire Unix IT staff to
design a Microsoft based replacement for the Unix system... laid off all
the Unix staff but the two Juniors who were having trouble keeping the
systems running.... and then wondered why IT was now such a problem area,
followed by being sold out to a bigger company that expanded in it's Unix
systems.