[aklug] Re: Check my headers (I.P. blacklisted)

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sat Apr 04 2015 - 07:39:50 AKDT

* Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org> [150403 20:23]:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org> wrote:
> >> So they can clearly do it. Why won't they do it for you?
>
> Yep. I think you need to ask to talk to someone else in technical
> support - you're getting incorrect information. Maybe they only do if
> you're buying a Hyper Super Duper Static or something. But they
> definitely do it for others:
>
> mail.goldmanlaw-ak.com (64.4.231.3)
> mail.rpka.net (64.4.231.57)
<...>
 Unless the current sysadmin at MTA is totally full of it, I would
 guess that this is via some extra-cost service, perhaps their VPN.

 I have no need to *send* a lot of mail. My need is just to
 subscribe to MLs such as this one and to be able to send to receive
 mail from them.

 1) Were I to request a change to my static IP, might the new one get
 blacklisted too?

 2)Perhaps Kevin will have some ideas ...

 Huge amount of info for me to digest. Will take some time...

--
Tim