[aklug] Re: OLD MACHINES & linux

From: James <marblemunkey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2015 - 05:19:07 AKST

I've been running a Raspberry Pi as a my main nas/print server/VPN host for
a year now, it's so cheap to run..

Max power usage on a RPI is 1A at 5V, so it uses 5W max. Do the math, and
this works out to 43.8 kWh per year. Even assuming an inefficient power
supply, that it pulls max power constantly, and a pessimistic $0.20/kWh
cost, it still is only a couple bucks per month.