[aklug] Re: OLD MACHINES & linux

From: James <marblemunkey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2015 - 07:10:45 AKST

Was just given an SGI O2 by a coworker. Haven't got it set up yet (And may
be going the OpenBSD route, since it has better support than Linux for the
hardware), but am super excited.

And to the OPs question about pinching pennies, definitely. I have a $35
Raspberry Pi (in an old VHS case) running Debian as a combo
NAS/VPN-host/Print-server. My main desktop has a few components
(hard-drive, video card) that aren't 10 years old, but the bulk of it is,
and the newest parts are at least 5 years old.