[aklug] Re: Tip Jar: Search through bash history

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Date: Sun Feb 01 2015 - 21:24:57 AKST

Months ago, back when I used to have that wonderful thing called
Employment, I wrote some short articles for my department newsletter
that might be interesting:

The first article is about how you can use Emacs-style OR Vi-style
editing commands at the bash prompt:

http://www.arsc.edu/arsc/support/news/hpcnews/hpcnews431/index.xml#sec-6

The other is about how you can open an external editor in bash, to
construct a multi-line command sequence (kind of like a one-off
script, except the commands get dumped straight into the running
shell). And it also discusses the event designator:

http://www.arsc.edu/arsc/support/news/hpcnews/hpcnews432/index.xml#sec-3