[aklug] Fw: [Haskell-cafe] new haskell music track: Mother Is Waiting

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Date: Sat Jan 10 2015 - 22:46:04 AKST

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 14:49:15 +0400
From: Anton Kholomiov <anton.kholomiov@gmail.com>
To: Haskell Cafe <haskell-cafe@haskell.org>
Subject: [Haskell-cafe] new haskell music track: Mother Is Waiting

Dear Haskellers I'd like to present yet another
piece of music made in Haskell.

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/mother-is-waiting

It's very soothing piece that can be used as a helper for
dreaming or meditation. It's dedicated to my friend.
She's waiting for her second child to be born.

This time it contains
no samples. All sounds are made out of waves and filters.
So I can attach the source code right in the mail. The track relies on
new versions
of the packages `csound-expression`, `csound-sampler` and
`csound-catalog`. So you can do

> cabal update
> cabal install csound-sampler csound-catalog

Ad the we can load the file in the ghci and run the main function.

> ghci Mother.hs
> main

and the Csound should be installed to render the synths.

Cheers, Anton

--
Christopher Howard