[aklug] Re: Misfortune cookie

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Sat Dec 20 2014 - 22:58:05 AKST

On 12/20/2014 09:51 PM, bryanm@acsalaska.net wrote:
> On Fri, December 19, 2014 10:44 am, Mike wrote:
>> Most of you on this list have probably already seen this, but thought
>> I'd throw it out there:
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/12/12-million-home-and-business-routers-vulnerable-to-critical-hijacking-hack/
>>
>> None of the brands that I currently have are on this list, and only a
>> few I've used in the past, namely D-Link.
>>
>> Anyone else have information worth sharing about this?
> Not so fast, Mike -- I haven't assimilated the last batch of bad news yet!
>
> Anyone from an ISP or other equipment provider want to make a statement here?
>
> --
> Bryan Medsker
> bryanm@acsalaska.net

Bryan are you referring to the German bit SS7? It has not been a good
week - my solution for some of the problems is to just not use the
technology - no online banking, no cell phone.

"German researchers discover a flaw that could let anyone listen to your
cell calls."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/12/18/german-researchers-discover-a-flaw-that-could-let-anyone-listen-to-your-cell-calls-and-read-your-texts/

--
v: 907.786.4983