[aklug] Re: Xubuntu bloat 14.04

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2014 - 22:46:15 AKST

On Friday 21 November 2014 08:29:01 you wrote:
> Quoting Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>:
> > "unetbootin' puts an iso image on a us stick. It is in Debian..possibly
> > Ubuntu.I put all my recue disks, GNRL,Knoppix etc on usb with it.
> >
> > What about using dvd ? Are you that ancient :-)
> >

> > http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessie_di_beta_2/amd64/iso-cd/
> >
> > --
> > Peace,
> >
> > Greg
>
> Yes, but mostly my DVD burners aren't working and I do use mostly
> older equipment.
>
> Mike B.

No dvd probably no bootable usb. I mentioned 'unetbootin' as a method to copy
an iso to a usbkey, but recently found the following.

FYI to the list,

I found, and used, this from the 'Tails" site. It uses 'dd' but it also
uses 'isohybrid' to post process an iso image for copying to usbdisk.

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/installation/manual/linux/index.en.html

--
Peace,
Greg