[aklug] Re: Acer Aspire One D250 Wireless problems[solved]

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Mon Dec 01 2014 - 17:26:58 AKST

* Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> [141201 14:23]:
> On Monday 01 December 2014 13:03:43 you wrote:
> > * Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> [141125 15:20]:
> >
> > After modifying the blacklist - with
> > the hope of reducing conflicts, I found that I was living with the
> > following :
> >
> > Booting from a cold start (I.E. netbook has been turned off for
> > some time), wlan0 is not found. With an immediate reboot and
> > subsequent reboots, wlan0 *is* found.
> >
> > One could presume an incipient hardware failure.
> >
> > I ordered an external adapter.
> > Case closed.
> > cheers
>
> FYI, less than $.02 worth.
>
> I seem to have periodic issues with wireless , I use it so seldom. The
> gui tools in whatever form are less than robust.
>
> What I use now is 'wicd-curses',(yea terminals) not tied to any desktop
> environment or window manager. Authentication works which seems to be a
> failure elsewhere.

  Yes. "Yea terminals". I've used wicd in the past. Apart from
  travel, I have used wireless infrequently and found it less than
  satisfying. However, with all these netbooks laying around, I
  intend to use local wireless connections frequently for the near
  future. Perhaps that will make it all come easier.

  thanks
  Peace it is....

--
Tim