[aklug] Elections and Alaska!

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2014 - 13:17:28 AKDT

Okay, ordinarily this might be considered slightly off-topic, but I think that it's actually quite important.

*I* am up for a seat on the ARIN advisory council.

It's a 3-year appointment, and I've got the support of the majority of the sitting council and quite a number of
member organizations.

But having additional members voting would be great for Alaska - we (our market-size/geography/etc) are not currently represented at all
on the sitting council, and they've recognized that, which is why I was nominated by *four* different people. (only the first counts, tho)

So, if you are, or know, the ARIN Designated Member Representative for your company (or any other company you do business with)
take a moment to read the BIOs for this election and vote.

And if you want Alaska to have a voice, you can tell them to vote for me.

https://www.arin.net/public/election/index.xhtml

The open election cycle closes on Sunday, October 19th at 11AM AST.

Whether you vote for me or not, get out there and vote.

Leif Sawyer
ARIN AC Candidate