[aklug] AKLUG at the Anchorage Mini-Maker Faire

From: Dale Rooney <dale.rooney@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2014 - 13:00:37 AKDT

The maker faire is coming up on July 26th at the Loussac library and I was
hoping that AKLUG would be represented. It would be great if someone could
demonstrate booting from a liveCD or a USB stick. I know it would be a big
hit if kids could assemble a computer, pop in a CD or stick and boot up. If
there were two or three computers someone could be taking one apart after
every assembly so the next person could start over.

I know some of us are old enough to have had direct experience with Apple
IIs, Atari 400/800 and Comodore 64/128s. We will have these and other
'Vintage' computers on display and working at the faire. Right now I have
one volunteer who so enjoyed showing off these machines that they are
coming back again this year but I would really like to give her some help
and am looking for one or two more people to hang out, answer questions,
and keep the machines up so as many people as possible can see where
today's computers came from.

If you'd like to help out or have a machine, software or cartridges you'd
like to donate please let me know. I'd especially like to get an original
MAC in working condition. (sorry if that offends anyone).

Dale