[aklug] Re: EdgeOS vs Pfsense

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 28 2014 - 07:24:12 AKDT

This is why I like this list - just learned something new.

edgeOS = cli
cli = script

Yay! I will have to check this out on the M5's.

Never worked with pfsense (and technically edgeOS as I was one WebGUI
removed from airOS :P ) and I'm thinking that needs to change.

The oldest pair of M5's I installed have been running non-stop for the last
two years and exposed to varying environmental and electrical conditions
(-30 to +90 degrees, rain, wind, sleet, fog, infamous Talkeetna brownouts,
blackouts, etc. etc.) and they're still pulsing away. Haven't had any
issues with them failing. And now there is the potential to script the
initial provisioning.

Finding out my favorite net gear runs linux is like finding a $100 in your
parka after pulling it from summer storage. :)