[aklug] Re: Local exploit for some popular Distro's

From: David Prentice <ak.prentice@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 16 2014 - 11:37:35 AKDT

RTFA it is a theoretical problem for systems in a shared server environment
and a real problem for a possible local user exploit.

"When two processes/threads write to the same pty, the buffer end could be
overwritten and so memory corruption into adjacent buffers could lead to
crashes / code execution,"

Incidentally, don't bother reading the comments to this article. ZDNet is
full of MS trolls. Reading their comments will degrade your mental
performance and cause direct memory leaks, as your brain liquifies and
pours out your eyes.