[aklug] Re: DynDNS no longer free

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave+lists.aklug@caterva.org>
Date: Tue May 06 2014 - 20:41:44 AKDT

* Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org> [2014-05-06 23:04 -0500]:
>I forgot to mention one other dynamic-DNS data point: if you have a domain
>with Namecheap, you get free dynamic DNS using hostnames under those
>domains.
>
>https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/category.aspx/11/dynamic-dns

Another thing: if you had an account with everydns that was a
contributory account, and forgot to convert to dyndns (when they
subsumed everydns), you may be able to convert your everydns
contributory account to a dyndns custom account with credit for one
domain for each of your domains on everydns.

This is what I did, and it still works well.

-dave