[aklug] Re: brick phones

From: James Tweet <jamestweet@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Feb 09 2014 - 20:33:12 AKST

You have never had a $600 dollar phone stolen have you.

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:11 PM, Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> wrote:

For those of us who haven't had time -- is there anyone who has been
watching this issue?: I've been hearing about a recent push (I think
this has been suggested before) from members of congress saying that we
should try to end all cell phone theft by forcing manufacturers to
design their cell phones so that they brick themselves when stolen.

Personally, anytime I hear the word "legislation" used in any discussion
related to technology, I get a nervous twitch. But anyone know more
about this?

--
http://www.lugod.org/presentations/pgp/why.html