[aklug] Re: Internet in the Valley

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sun Feb 02 2014 - 10:26:22 AKST

* Farrin Reid <blakmatrix@gmail.com> [140202 07:11]:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for an internet connection
> out in the valley?
>
> I am in Chickaloon for some time to assist with my family's estate and I've
> been looking at the current DSL package with MTA (most likely will go over
> the 10GB/mo limit) as well as DISH network options, but neither look that
> great for the price (Seattle has spoiled me).
> Farrin

  I've been in Palmer since '76 and using internet since about '94.
  MTA in my part of Palmer delivers top-notch reliability and good
  technical support. I presume that you have looked at their
  options. GCI internet is available through cable but I'm not sure
  about Chickaloon.

  We have GCI basic cable service at my home, but I wouldn't switch
  to them for internet since MTA does such a good job.

--
Tim