[aklug] Re: Free software switching and routing

From: Tom Simes <simestd@netexpress.com>
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 08:11:04 AKST

>> I know, of course, that you can turn any crappy PC into a router with
>> the right Linux software packages, and I've heard of about a dozen
>> different DIY router distros. But what about the situation where you
>> have lots of money to buy networking equipment, but no time to put
>> together custom software and hardware?

I believe you may have answered your own question. A custom solution
usually implies a very shallow pool of people with the knowledge,
background and hopefully documentation to support the solution. If you
don't have the time to put together the custom solution, how will you
find time to properly support the custom solution.

--
Tom