[aklug] Re: ACS Google Gateway

From: Tom Simes <simestd@netexpress.com>
Date: Sat Oct 12 2013 - 10:02:25 AKDT

Trimming and cleaning up from a proper device, privacy is important...
Normally not a top poster, but I want to give people easy access to that
Levinson video - everyone should understand how the US Government views
individual rights with regard to electronic privacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9-0So2A_g&list=PLO8DR5ZGla8j7_jnNYY3d8JB0HfdXe85X&index=18

The presentation is very interesting for several reasons, and this is
literally the first time Ladar was able to speak publicly about his
interaction with the US government and his decision to shut the service
down. There was a standing ovation for Ladar following the interview.

The take away is if privacy is important, you need to be using perfect
forward secrecy and the best current implementation is via
Diffie-Hellman. OpenSSL can implement this now, but it's not default.

--
Tom