[aklug] Re: ACS Google Gateway

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Oct 10 2013 - 20:45:35 AKDT

On 10/10/2013 04:56 PM, Shane Spencer wrote:
> Google has an address on ACS
>
> I noticed this after a rather long split-net situation between commodity
> DSL and the rest of the Internet while I was trying to diagnose the problem.
>
> Any idea what's the what here?

Maybe this:
http://www.alaskacommunications.com/Online-Care/Support-Center/FAQs/About-AlaskaMail-Our-upgraded-Email-Service.aspx

See the bit about the new email system being powered by google.
So I wonder if they're outsourcing their email system to google. Lots
of new features plus google will now get to cruise your acsalaska.net
inbox. Sigh.

I just stumbled across that page yesterday. They haven't sent me any
notices about it but I wonder if in the near future they'll make
everybody roll off the old POP system and become a rebranded google slave...

..,Kevin

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska