[aklug] News: a soap opera that could cost us dearly

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Sat Aug 17 2013 - 00:05:17 AKDT

WARNING: contains "foul language."

Actually this is a bit of a follow on to Red Hat dumping ORACLE's MySQL
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/15/red_hat_to_ditch_mysql_for_mariadb_in_rhel_7/>

Larry vs Larry: Oracle's Ellison says Google's Page acted 'evil'
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-08-13/news/41374892_1_larry-page-larry-ellison-hasso-plattner

What a crock of shit - both Google and Oracle look so silly as these
major players try to call each other names; while basking in the
limelight the corporate press provides them with, so as - I THINK- to
distract us all from the evil they both embody. Oracle has been left
out of most news reports about the recent revelations about NSA, but
anybody that travels around the DC area is aware of all the buildings
with Oracle signs (second only to Lockheed) and knows Oracle has many
contracts with NSA, among others and has profited enormously from our
Brave New World. It's all smoke and mirrors and I'd bet that if Ellison
and Page got drunk at a party they'd fuck each other.

--greg schmitz