[aklug] Re: really tiny text editor with emulation

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Thu Apr 18 2013 - 00:29:58 AKDT

Well I've been away from programing for a while (7 years??)

I started out in the 1980s using Epsilon on a PC under DOS. Then I
started using Slackware and was thrilled to find EMACS. But for many
things I found VIM (and Elvis) handy tools too. Now I use EMACS daily,
mostly for text editing, but also for keeping track of time. Recently I
picked up a copy of Drew Neil's book, PRACTICAL VIM; EDIT TEXT AT THE
SPEED OF THOUGHT (Dallas: The Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2012. ISBN-13:
978-1-934356-98-2) from the UAA Consortium Library new arrivals book
shelf. I've enjoyed this thread but don't understand what the problem
is. Use one editor, use them all - each have their strengths.

--greg

--
Greg Schmitz
AMIPA - Alaska Moving Image and Preservation Association