[aklug] Re: really tiny text editor with emulation

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Wed Apr 17 2013 - 11:21:45 AKDT

* Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> [130417 07:24]:
> On 04/16/2013 11:37 PM, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, Christopher Howard wrote:
> >

> > FYI: your initramfs environment is probably built around busybox, which
> > is likely compiled to emulate vi already. Unless you really want those
> > other editor key bindings you might be already good...
> >

> Ha ha, that was a good laugh. Are there still people out there using vim? ;)

  <Slight_Hyperbole>Them's fighting words son! I consider vim to be
  the best editor out there. Certainly far superior to emacs,
  especially when you consider the profiles of the respective
  developers.</Slight_Hyperbole>

> Seriously: I /very/ much wanted an editor with Emacs key bindings.

  Seriously, I used emacs for years, and at the same time as I was
  using vim. Choosing one over the other was my preference. (I miss
  comint-mode) But Chris, when you say: "Are there still...." you
  are suggesting that vim is somehow antiquated. Nothing could be
  further from the truth.

  That's like saying linux is outdated because it started as an
  emulation of an OS (unix) that preceded DOS/Windows

  M10CW (inflation, you know)

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com