[aklug] Re: browser copy-and-paste vulnerability

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 09 2013 - 17:25:37 AKDT

That was kind of cute...

I copied and pasted that into a notepad/text-editor screen, and Mike
was correct. You see all the sneaky code stuff you don't want. I attempted
copy/paste the line into a terminal on my Android device, and I didn't even
get a chance to review the line before it executed. It just went. Of
course, my Android tablet doesn;t use /etc/passwd, so the command failed.

I will defiantly have to keep this in mind the next time I'm being lazy and
copy/pasting commands from a web-page. Something I tend to do when I'm
following along on how to do something I haven't done before.

I do tend to think I would be curious about the nice little box w/ the
colored background around the text...

Jim G