[aklug] Re: Monitor Cradle?

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Mar 07 2013 - 13:14:34 AKST

* B Everitt <everittak@gmail.com> [130307 11:53]:
> With all my dealings with 'ergo' folks and my own pain from PC use,
> I've never found that lowering the monitor is the answer. Unless of
> course the monitor is up unusually high. Not knowing any better, I'd
> bet the monitor is ok, but the keyboard is more the culprit. Shoulder
> angle and posture due to a poor chair can really effect the neck. My
> .02.
  My wife is a physical therapist and she is convinced that is the
  problem, and her physician is in agreement. And X-rays support the
  conclusions that both have arrived at.

  Having said that, she is using an old microtek 815C, which she
  really likes, but it has the old-style, square configuration
  (rather than wide-screen). I've a wide-screen LG which sits a lot
  lower, has more 'real estate' and I think that if she changes to
  something like my LG, she would be better off. If we can't find
  such a cradle, we will just swap for a lower profile wide-screen
  monitor. I'm sure that will be an acceptable solution for her.

  thanks

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com