[aklug] Re: Information Systems Audit

From: Tom Simes <simestd@netexpress.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 11:21:57 AKST

On 02/06/13 11:05, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> I haven't started a flame war in a while, so...
>

> Trust no one. Especially application developers.

Don't forget those sneaky individuals that roll their own distros, no
telling WHAT they are stuffing in the folds ;)

In all seriousness, I'm with Arthur - you'd be surprised what you can
learn by putting applications in sandboxes and monitoring their goesinta
and goesouta. From a network perspective a few favorite tools are nmap,
wireshark and ntop.

--
Tom