[aklug] Re: stick together two partitions to get a bootable image

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Thu Jan 03 2013 - 12:57:42 AKST

Perhaps I am suggesting that you not do what you are doing. A method of
working with 'virtual disks' may be easier than 'partition concatenation'.
 However.. and for what it's worth.. you could totally use the BTRFS
reference blocks to do what you want without temporarily doubling your
storage needs.

So in summary.. use fdisk and dd to get information into a more portable
container (msdos partitioned block device)

I think you created a good solution by using individual disks per filed
partition.

- Shane