[aklug] Re: free news group access?

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 18:11:34 AKST

On 11/07/2012 11:48 AM, R Denison wrote:

> And because I'm a completist: news.gci.net and news.mtaonline.net for
> connection from those ISPs.
>
> Interesting - looks like ACS is running it's own NNTP server. Neat. My
> impression has been that isn't something you see much anymore.

They used to contract with one of the big name news servers, and just
alias it in DNS. Now it appears to be w/in their own IP range. But
then again most of the Akamai servers I hit are w/in that range too so
it may just be a partnering arrangement...

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska