[aklug] Re: PowerShell

From: Erinn Looney-Triggs <erinn.looneytriggs@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 09 2012 - 14:02:13 AKDT

One of the nicer things in Windows 2012 is that GUI work gets converted
into powershell syntax. So say configuring up the RADIUS server in
server 2012 via the GUI will give you a listing at the end of the
powershell command necessary to do the same job.

It is a crutch of course, but when I first got into Linux I found it
much easier to use the GUI tools and then figure out what they did
underneath. Actually I still do that, I didn't know the details behind
what system-config-date (Fedora) did until just recently, had no idea
about /etc/adjtime and hwclock.

It creates an easier learning curve.

-Erinn