[aklug] Re: Webhosting

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Aug 23 2012 - 12:01:24 AKDT

* Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org> [120822 17:22]:
> Anyone got any suggestions on Webhosting=85 I don't need anything fancy, =
> I already have private email and the domain.. I just need somewhere to =
> put the website. I would like it capable enough to run Drupal or =
> Wordpress=85 and keep it local if I can=85

  Hostmonster. Best that I have found. And it comes with Wordpress,
  although I don't use it. Very good tech support. Techs speak
  English as their **first** language. Good info and documentation.
  Uses CPanel. My only complaint is that they don't always offer the
  latest as far as python and perl go. But that may not always be an
  issue. (Wasn't with me). OS is CentOS 5.7 as of the last upgrade
  on the server that I have available.

  SSH is available. All you need is static DNS and the Helpdesk
  makes it happen immediately. Remote access to MySQL is also
  enabled with static DNS.

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com