[aklug] MythTV and GCI Cable Cards

From: Pete Wann <pete@petewann.com>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2012 - 06:46:09 AKDT

I've searched the archives for posts about people's experiences with MythTV
and GCI and found nothing newer than 2011, and nothing really that applies
to what I'm looking for.
Does anyone have any recent experience with MythTV and GCI using a
CableCard based tuner? I have Mythbuntu set up and running fantastically
with just the OTA channels through a SiliconDust HDHomeRun tuner, but I'm
curious if anyone knows how GCI handles the "Copy Freely" flag on their
paid (non-premium) channels. I would hate to pay to upgrade my tuner and
cable service just to find out that everything is copy protected and
unusable in MythTV.

I appreciate any info, and feel free to respond off-list if that's
appropriate!

Thanks,

Pete