[aklug] Re: OSX Lion and Samba server

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 27 2012 - 10:15:00 AKDT

>> Maybe we can compare smb.conf files to see what we might try changing =20
>> to see if we can correct the issue.

I'm not using mount_smbfs directly. Most users either use Connect to
Server (command-K in the Finder) with an smb:// url, or (the easy way)
browse to the server, which has its services advertised via avahi.

The only unusual entry in [general] is
unix extensions = no

And here's a share definition, obfuscated:

[public]
user = xxxxxxx
browseable = yes
path= xxxxxxx
readonly = no
force user = xxxxxxx
vfs objects = recycle
guest only = yes
strict allocate = yes
comment = Public Files
create mode = 0777
include = /etc/samba/recycle.conf
dont descend = .recycle
guest ok = yes
force directory mode = 2770
#nt acl support = yes

I assume you need a share that obeys permissions rather than ignoring
them, but I don't use samba for that. I realize this might not help
you as much as I thought.

jermudgeon