[aklug] Tutor for seniors in Wasilla area

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2012 - 11:05:11 AKDT

Hi All:

I have been contacted by someone in the Wasilla area who is a senior
and is in need of some tutoring. I believe that this person has very
little (if any) means to pay. I also believe that the instruction
would be in using browsers, social networks and youtube.

I simply don't have the time in the summer to do any more volunteer work.
Also, I suspect that if this individual could pay a few bucks per
hour and could round up some more folks like him who could pay a few
bucks per hour, and if some tekkie had the means to put together a
computer lab economies of scale could kick in.

I'm frankly appalled that the Wasilla Senior Center doesn't have a
learning lab.

Any ideas?

--
Tim