[aklug] More on tiff2pdf and other command line tools

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 19:28:16 AKDT

What I suspectmight be happening here is that I, as well as R Dennison and
others, are so used to things like tff2pd being avaible by default, we
forget those are really "optional" tools and are being intalled as
"standard" options.
But as the Linux (insert your favorite here) Desktop has matured, we use
the command line less and less.

Now because we use them less, the developers are starting to leave some of
them out of the standard install. We don't use it for a while, don't miss
it for a while, then forget where it came from.

At least, thats MY story and I'm sticking to it!!

Jim G