[aklug] Re: Missing tiff2pdf

From: R Denison <gaijin@gci.net>
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 18:58:51 AKDT

On 05/21/2012 02:12 AM, Jim Gribbin wrote:
> I was attempting to convert a .tiff filoe earlier today and noticed I don't
> seem to have tiff2pdf on my Fedora 16 box. Despite having libtiff intalled.
> Am I the only one experiencing this?
>
> I Googled it and I can't find anything about this going away. Huh?
>
> Jim G

It's not being shipped with Ubuntu Precise as part of libtiff4,
apparently, and the tiff2pdf doesn't appear in a search of the repos.

Might try convert (part of the ImageMagick tools) - it worked going to
.tiff format, though the conversion from tiff to something else (jpg,
pdf) only sort of worked (strange color shifts), though that might be me
not feeding it the right options.

R.