[aklug] Re: Grapevine Job Offer

From: Jason McEachen <jason@brightshinyobject.com>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2012 - 14:21:36 AKDT

I helped take them from Joomla to Drupal6, along with a couple consultants from
the lower 48.

The Dispatch was a great place to work. It's a fun and dynamic environment.
Being in an Alaska news room is very enlightening, and there's always something
going on.

This will be their umteenth redesign-migrate so they're familiar and smart about
the problems that arise during a migration. I really enjoyed working with the
editor and lead designer, and was given a lot of freedom to do things the right
way instead of "the quickest and dirtiest way." They're technically savvy and
willing to be flexible to accommodate the platform's limitations and benefits.

That being said they really want to get everything out of the platform they
can. Be ready to do module development and fine-tuned css across a lot of
platforms (including mobile).

Odds are you'll have fun working there, and it's a really neat site to develop.

--Jason