[aklug] anyone familiar with pcwizards?

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@happypenguincomputers.com>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2012 - 19:08:03 AKDT

Has anyone on the list heard of this company:

http://www.onlinepcwizards.com/?&pr=us

I haven't even gone past the first page of an ixquick search, but thought I'd
as here. There is a customer who brought me his laptop which has been trashed,
with good a-v/spyware software running. I'll have to look more tomorrow, but a
quick browse through the quarantine shows a lot of trojans were stopped and
deleted.

Apparently he talked with these people on the telephone after clicking some
link. All he can tell me is they said his computer has some error and they can
fix it. He can't tell me the error, or if it was fixed ... just showed me
three emails he had with them, including the $149 charge.

--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \