[aklug] Re: Linux on a Microcontroller

From: R Denison <gaijin@gci.net>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2012 - 12:43:58 AKDT

On 04/03/2012 12:19 PM, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> I find this to be a non-news event.
>
> see: Guy writes CPU emulator for 8bit processor...
>
> that's been done.
>
> see: Guy runs existing OS on CPU emulator... slowly..
>

> so, where's the news?

News? Nah. More like arts or crafts really. Or should we stop
bothering with acting? Really, how many more interpretations do we need
of Shakespeare's work? Or paintings of $WILDERNESS? Or minature steam
engines? Hell, watch one championship $SPORTING_EVENT and you've really
just eliminated the need to bother with the games up to that point, no? :)

The man performed a reasonably difficult task and did so sufficiently
that it was able to load an OS and "run" (for some value of) an app.
Useful? No. Innovative? No. But at least respect the man for having
taken the time to do something well. :)

R.