[aklug] Re: Android for desktop: was Re: Re: Linux/Unix VM's for Demonstration.

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 18 2012 - 21:08:12 AKDT

You should be able to now. The 3.3 Kernel is apperently out now and one of
the things they seem to have done is merge in the Android stuff.
http://www.muktware.com/news/3273/linux-33-will-let-you-boot-android-greg-kh

"Swapnil: What is the status of Android kernel's merge with the mainline
Linux kernel? Any development there?

Greg: The code is almost all there already. The 3.3 kernel release will let
you boot an Android userspace with no modifications, but not very good
power management. The 3.4 kernel release will hopefully have the power
management hooks that Android needs in it, along with a few other minor
missing infrastructure pieces that didn't make it into the 3.3 kernel
release."

Jim G