[aklug] Re: video system questions

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2012 - 13:49:39 AKST

I use adobe reader mostly myself. The main hangup I have, aside from Adobe
itself, is their browser plug-in under Linux.
I have found that if I open successive PDFs in the browser, at some point
it stops working. I haven't figured out exactly how many as the number
seems to vary with how many I've opened in this browser session and since
last login and maybe since last boot.

I have spent time on Adobe's Forums and don't seem to be alone in this.

It's nearly as annoying as my Android phone's deciding it knows better than
me what word I meant to type and auto-magically changing it on me when I'm
2 lines down and don't catch it. It seems to have issues with some
technology terms and some of my abbreviations.

Jim G