[aklug] Re: Tor + Firefox

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 13:16:13 AKST

When you say wikipedia has a "valid" cert, what makes it valid? That
some global CA signed it? Why do you trust the global CA? Or, did
wikipedia self sign and you've chosen to trust their cert? How do you
normally handle self-signed certs? Not saying you haven't properly
configured trust/privacy on your machines, but pointing out that many
people don't question certs when signed by the CA that are included
with their browser by default.

Scott

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 01:21, Christopher Howard
<christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> wrote:

--=20
Scott A. Johnson
scott.a.johnson@gmail.com