[aklug] Re: bash sucks

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 22:19:00 AKST

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, Christopher Howard wrote:

> Not enough... Yet. Need to write some more shell scripts, and even
> then, I still haven't tried Korn. Ksh claimes to be the best of bash
> and tcsh put together.

Korn is a derivative of Bourne, with a lot of features borrowed from csh.
Parts of the new POSIX specs for the shell were based on it. So, if you
know bash, Korn will seem largely familiar. AIX's default shell is Korn.
pdksh is a port that runs well on Linux. I've never tried to compile the
official AT&T source.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die