[aklug] Re: Voice activated?

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2012 - 11:46:41 AKST

I was kind of wondering how this tpe of thing was going to work out.
I personally think Google has the best shot at coming up with something
like this that is usable. Through their Google Voice system, they've been
converting speech to text for a while and sending you you voicemail message
as a text message.

Google seems to realize this is a work in process and evertime you go to
the webpage to manage your voicemails, they ask if if the conversion was
useful and ask permission to use it to improve the system.

Siri, and the others I am aware of out there like Vlingo, have not had this
system of gathering data available to them and I think it will take them a
while to work out the bugs.

Google has a limited setup in Android, but it has issues. It has a
difficult time with my voice. I work pretty hard I think its too low

Jim G