[aklug] Re: IPv6

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2012 - 18:13:59 AKST

I also highly recommend HE's ipv6 certification.
Probably the biggest concept to get over in ipv6 is there is no need for
NAT or private CIDR ranges. And don't get stuck in the thought process that
your LAN security will go down hill. Because you can have your own
routeable subnet, it's easy to have a single choke point to run a firewall
on and filter the subnet's traffic.

Feel free to hit me up for ipv6 questions.

Scott

http://ipv6.he.net/certification/scoresheet.php?pass_name=akghetto

On Tuesday, January 24, 2012, Tom Simes <simestd@netexpress.com> wrote:
> On 1/24/12 7:31 PM, Damien Hull wrote:
>> Just thought I would share my little trip into the land of IPv6...
>
>> If anyone has any tips let me know...
>
> Go through HE's IPv6 certification, it's free and guaranteed to grow clue
:)

> --
> Tom

Scott A. Johnson