[aklug] speeding up writespeed on thumb drives

From: techno curmudgeon <technocurmudgeon@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jan 22 2012 - 13:31:50 AKST

While googling the options for badblocks, I stumbled across this:

http://linux-howto-guide.blogspot.com/2009/10/increase-usb-flash-drive-write-speed.html

I haven't actually done anything with this yet (next week. maybe. Or
the week after. Or maybe next winter. ) but it sure has a 'back to
the future' feel to it, as in back in the day when we spent lots of
time tuning our drives (anyone remember "spinrite") ?

I actually (hopefully) resolved my USB root-on-thumbdrive issues by
getting a good thumb drive (OCZ Rally2). IOwaits are almost 0% now on
my pogoplug web server.