[aklug] Re: SOPA/PIPA

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Wed Jan 18 2012 - 08:19:22 AKST

On Jan 16, 2012 9:44 PM, "Jon Bradley" <weatchu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody into computers, and things about copyright, and SOPA will
> love this talk. its 53 minutes goodluck :)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg>
>

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Scott A. Johnson
> <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> It's been ...

Thanks, BTW, for these links.

On a side note: I think I've mentioned my opinions on copyright law in
general (and the related subject of proprietary software) so I won't
harp on those again. However, if I might take advantage of the moment,
I would like to draw attention to the list of companies that supported
this bill in the first place, listed here:

http://www.theglobalipcenter.com/sites/default/files/pressreleases/letter-359.pdf

I'd ask you to step back and re-evaluate your opinion of and
relationship to some of these groups. A few examples:

Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
Caterpillar Inc. (what???)
CBS Corporation
Church Music Publishers Association (Acts 3.6a; Matthew 10.8b; hello!)
Comcast Corporation
Electronic Arts, Inc.
Entertainment Software Association (ESA)
Motion Picture Association of America (surprise, surprise)
Nintendo of America Inc.
Sony Music Entertainment
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) (???)
The Walt Disney Company (no, I don't watch Disney movies anymore)
Time Warner Inc.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Viacom
Wal-Mart
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (lol :D)
Xerox Corporation

- --
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us