[aklug] Re: Cron

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2012 - 23:21:13 AKST

Heh, I was hoping for a simple voice interface where I could simply
dictate what I wanted..... but baring that, a click and select menial
edits interface would work. Although that's kind of what Webmin gives
me now.

The complex shell arguments is definitely not needed. I'd probably
just SSH into the box at that point, as has been pointed out by others
(thanks Jim for the pointer - iSSH looks real nice for SSH access).

Scott

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 20:04, Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com> wrote:
> I'll actually have a better solution for you soonish :) =3DA0But as far a=
syou=3D
> r goal:
> Do you want to type in what you want done and do complex shell arguments?
> =3DA0 Use SSH
> Do you want to simply select and make menial edits or one timeargument
> changes to jobs?
> =3DA0 Stay tuned.
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us> wrote:
>> I'm using that now. It's the only way to manage your servers ;)
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Jan 8, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Theres a really cool app called iSSH that allows you both shell and GUI=
 =3D
> access to a remote server. it requires no extra software on the server si=
de=3D
> =C2=A0other than remote services and ssh.

>>> Jim MacDonald
>>> jim@macdonald.org
>>>

>>> -- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
>>> -- File: signature.asc
>>> -- Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail

>>> ---------
>>> with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.
>>>
>> ---------
>> with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.